Swimerz Circle Hooks
Circle Hooks have been used by commercial fishermen for decades due to their ability to efficiently catch fish.
Fish hooked in the corner of the mouth or jaw tend to fight better than fish that are hooked in the gut — and circle hooks mainly hook up in the corner of the mouth or jaw. With the hook in the corner of the mouth the line is generally out of the way of the fish’s teeth, so lighter leaders can be used for sport fishing. With circle hooks there are also fewer gut-hooked fish, with scientific studies indicating higher survival rates for released fish when using circle hooks and careful catch-and-release techniques.
Swimerz Circle Hooks, in both inline and offset patterns, are engineered so the point is at a 90 degree angle to the shank of the hook. This feature causes predictable hook sets in the corner of the jaw. They are particularly suited to live baiting for larger fish, bottom fishing, deep-dropping and trolling.
Swimerz Circle hooks feature -
- a wide gape big enough to bridge the lip cartilage when the selected hook size has been properly matched to bait size and target species, thereby improving catch rates
- an oversize eye for freedom of movement
- a short heavy duty shank to reduce bait interference when fishing for trophy sized fish
- forged from high grade carbon steel
- Black Nickel coated for added rust resistance and also reducing their visibility in the water
Swimerz Circle Hooks come in both Inline and Offset patterns. Available sizes – 1, 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 5/0
(* Source: Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, Volume 20, Issue 4, pages 445–451, June 2010. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd).