Fishing Knots, Boating Knots and more Knots.
Netknots features over 60 fishing knots. Click on this link or Netknots icon below for more fishing knots.
Fishing Knot Basics
- Select your knot considering the conditions in which you will be using it. Note that some knots do not provide 100% of the line materials strength when tied, becoming a weak point in your rig. Testing your finished knot with a Spring Scale, or similar, will assist in determining the right types of knot for your needs.
- Tie your selected knot carefully
- Lubricating the knot with water or saliva before drawing it tight. The reason for doing this is mono and flouro lines will generate heat from the friction generated when you pull the line tight, weakening the line. Lubricating the knot will reduce the amount of heat generated.
- Draw knots as tight as possible.
- Trim tags close to the knot, taking care that the knot is tight, or the tag will slip through and the knot will part. (Maybe not right away, but probably when a fish has taken it or after a few casts, costing you the bait, lure or fish when it does!)