Use Swimerz Kevlar line when building your own Assist Hooks or other fishing rigs where a super strong, yet thin, line is needed.
Every angler has his or her own ideas about tackle, and there are aspects of some commercially-made assist hooks that may not suit everybody. Positioning of the hook along the length of the jig is one such example.
Made from 100% Dupont Kevlar fibre, a high strength material that has a high degree of abrasion resistance with low-stretch characteristics, and a high level of UV resistance.
Swimerz Kevlar has a fusion point of approximately 450 degrees C.
Swimerz Kevlar Rigging Line has a hollow core, so you can create a loop with a splicing needle or simply knot the line to a split or solid ring.
Available in various breaking strains -
- Braided Yellow 30kg with a 0.4mm diameter, 7.5mtrs
- Braided Yellow 45kg with a 0.8mm diameter, 7.5mtrs
- Braided Yellow 110kg with a 1.1mm diameter, 5mtrs
- Braided Black 110kg with a 1.1mm diameter, 5mtrs
- Braided Black 175kg with a 1.3mm diameter, 3mtrs
- Twisted Yellow 30kg with a 0.45mm diameter, 7.5mtrs
- Twisted Yellow 45kg with a 0.8mm diameter, 7.5mtrs
(*all measures are approximate)
To see how to make an Assist or Stinger Rig, go to our 'How to make Assist Hooks' page.